Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Marshmallow

Today is the first day of my holiday and sadly, I woke up at 6 o'clock. I think I got used to it, because I always had to wake up early for school.

ANYWAYS, I hope those who tried my marshmallows liked them. (: I made a second batch last night for my aunt, and here is the recipe:



What you need:
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 tbsp gelatine powder
-shredded coconut
-electric mixer

1. Combine sugar with 2/3 cup of hot water in a pot and boil untill the mixture turns to a clear syrup.
2. Combine gelatine powder with 2/3 cup of cold water, and pour mixture into the syrup. Cook until both are well combined, forming no clumps.
3. Set mixture aside to cool. (Approximately 30mins)
4. Beat on high with an electric mixer for 10-15mins, untill the mixture is thick.
5. Pour mixture into a 25 x 25 container and chill in fridge for 20-30mins. (It might take longer, depends on how thick the mixture is)
6. Take out mixture from fringe and cut into squares.
7. Spoon out marshmellow squares carefully and toss them in a coconut-filled container.
8. ENJOY!

Note: You might like to try dribbling melted chocolate on top, or adding food colouring to the marshmellows!!


WELL, I'm going to have breakfast now, BYEBYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment