Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BIRD NEST.

After taking everyone's suggestions in consideration, as well as the person who ordered it, we decided to go for CHOCOLATE.

So here I bring you...

THE ULTIMATE

JESSICA BIRD NEST.
(It is a chocolate sponge cake with choco cream!)

My original idea was to have a chocolate bird nest in the middle of a round cake, but I thought why not try square this time! :D
At first there weren't any spiky chocolate pieces around, nor the diagonal white lines across the cake.

I really love the way that ganache drips on the sides

I was nervous to try this at first, but lucky I got a hand of it =D!

Dislike how you can feel the hot air when piping out chocolate balls. It was kind of hot to hold, because I don't have a proper piping bag. Made mine out of baking paper. :/
At first I was also going to make some marshmallows to place into the 'bird nest', but I guess it was kind of late and I was getting tired.


Strawberry roses still looked pretty good (=

I kind of wish I had a better camera, or maybe better photography skills :(



I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Hopefully, they will like my cake. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment