Friday, April 20, 2012

Sydney#1


Long time no blog!
So over the holiday I took the ae-ro-plane down to Sydney and stayed over at Vico's!
In my next posts I will go into detail as to why I was actually going to Sydney.
(They will be the sequels ;D )
In the meanwhile, you get to hear about what we did : )

So on the first day it was all so exciting as I took my baby suitcase along to find Vico's house.
Plane --> train --> bus.
All together took about 1.5hours, so not to bad. Silly house had a dodgy number plate, so I walked up and down her street for a few times before I could find her >: (. Well, she found me because she came outside.
IT ALL FELT SO UNREAL :D

Afterwards her, Wes, Andrew and I went groceries shopping and bought some lunch.
We didn't do much...but for dinner...

We went to KYLIE KWONG'S :DD
If you remember from Master Chef, she was one of the "best" Chinese cuisine chefs.
Well, she was alright :/




































It was pretty expensive too...$81 for three dishes...
Deep fried biodynamic eggs with homemade XO sauce, WEEDS (ye I don't know what those vegies were either but that's what they called it), steamed bass.

Overall Kylie Kwong's (the restaurant was actually called Billy Kwong) was pretty decent, except it didn't really taste special to me. Chinese dishes usually have this flavours packed sensation the moment to bite into it. The eggs were pretty well deep fried, but I would prefer more seasoning than XO sauce. (Maybe white pepper etc) The vegetables were a bit too chewy for my liking, but I'm pretty sure it was just the nature of this vegie, which we don't really know what it was haha! The sauce was a bit too salty for me as well. Sea Bass was well steamed, but the fish wasn't as tender as I expected it would be. There was something lacking in the fish soy sauce, that made it taste different to the usual ones.....and I would prefer the sauce to be more flavoursome than that : /
So overall, it was a good experience, but I just don't think I'll ever go back to there.
: ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment