Sunday, March 28, 2010

Omelette

AGAIN, dinner was awkward with just the two of us. I tend to think about something else when I eat.

ANYWAYS,due to a lack of ingredients at home, I made the ULTIMATE JESSICA OMELETTE RICE. I think I did a pretty good job on it, despite the fact that it was only my first attempt.making-sweetness Everything was quite perfect, apart from the curry, which was a bit messy.

Here's a photo of my dish:

Quite an easy dish to make, after the exhaustion of a never-ending physics assignment. There are many other different versions of this dish as well, so I made my own, according to what I had in my kitchen.


The Ultimate Jessica Omelette Rice

What you need:
-Curry powder
-Indian neighbour (they give you the powder)
-Water, all purpose flour, soysauce
-2 large eggs
-Canned corn
-Canned champignons
-Canned tuna (I suggest you not to pick something silly like tuna in sweet chilli. In this case, I picked smoked)
-Rice
-Chopped parsley

You might try with a white creamy sauce, instead of using curry, or maybe beef instead of tuna. What you put in is really up to you. Get Creative! :D

1. Cook your rice.
2. While waiting for the rice, slice the champinons, and drain out the corn juice.
3. Mix a generous amount of all purpose flour with tap water, until no clumps are formed. The mixture should have the colour of milk.
4. In a pot, bring a small amount of water to boil.
5. Add in few spoonfuls of curry powder.
6. Gently pour the flour mixture into the pot and stir with a mixing spoon. Simmer over the stove.
7. Add in soy sauce, until you think it's the right colour. You might as well add a pinch of salt, according to your own taste.

I had never made curry like this before, so I added a bit of everything from my kitchen. I have no idea why I added fish sauce. :(

8. Throw in the champignons and stir.
9. *DING* You rice should be done by now. Stir in the tuna and corn.
10. Crack your eggs into a bowl, and whisk.
11. Grease a large pan, pour in your eggs and make your omelette.
12. Wrap the rice into the omelette on a prepared plate
13. Spoon the mushroom curry on top and sprinkle with parsley.
14. Enjoy!

A tip for your omelette:
-It is best to set your stove on low, so that the egg is fully cooked without getting burnt. It is quite difficult to flip your omelette when it is too runny.


Well, have fun! :DDD

No comments:

Post a Comment