Thursday, May 20, 2010

IMPORTANT

I have decided to create a separate post for this, because this is going to be very important. I now introduct you...

THE ULTIMATE WINTER MUST-EAT!!
Location: City, Broadway (where HYPE and Just Jeans are), downstairs foodcourt
Food: Turkish pide

SO, One day I suddenly felt like eating kebab, and that is how I came to know this place. Yes, to those of you who have read my previous blogs, it was the day I went out with Zoe. The shop is pretty small and dull, and it's right next to the Japanese sushi shop. I'm sorry to say, but the look of the shop does not give a very good impression. However, I was speechless after I tasted their turkish pide one day after school. It was just magnificent.

ANYWAYS, this Turkish pide is a homemade turkish bread stuffed with a filling of your choice. I think it included a selection of chicken + tomato + cheese, beef or lamb + tomato + cheese and fetta + spinach. What's so special about it is the way they serve it. It is put into a kebab grill, until the every bit of its surface turns crunchy and golden brown. The filling stays moist and warm, and I had the chicken + tomato + cheese filling, which was so nicely cooked beforehand. It isn't like one of those normal chicken, tomato and cheese toasted sandwich you get from the tuckshop everyday. Its taste and look are completely different. Nothing's better than a warm turkish pide that you can sink your teeth into during such cold days. Its sensation just makes you want to go back for a second one. I know it is simple, but it feels like the ultimate winter must-eat, for just $3.90! Not to mention the size of the bread is big and fair, since I ate nothing else that night, as I barely managed to finish it!

Note: $3.90 weekdays and $5.50 on weekends.

Few days after that, I went back to try the fetta and spinach one. I prefer the other fillings more though. The fetta and spinach filling isn't the dry ones that you usually get. It is completely moist with BIG lumps of fetta. I loved the fetta, but the spinach was just a bit tasteless, like plain boiled vegies.

WELL, that's all I've got to say.
Good luck and have fun if you're deciding to give it a try!

(Oh, and that Japanese place next to it makes the best califonia rolls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment