Sunday, August 15, 2010

15th AUGUST 2010 cake

HELLO, you know how I've been practicing sponge cakes?

THE ULTIMATE JESSICA STRAWBERRY SPONGE
Excuse my bad photography. It seemed a bit plain so I just chucked the remaining strawberries around the table.
This time I have combined a Master Chef recipe (for the chocolate hazelnut praline filling), a Nestle recipe (for the chocolate glaze), a modified internet recipe (for the sponge), and my own (:(which was the design yayayay)


chocolate sponge cake mixture

sponge cake egg white
I made five layers of sponge cakes, just in case:

failed #1 too thick

failed #2 way too thick and broken

YAY nice and thin

Preparing the hazelnut praline for the chocolate filling.
I processed them in the blender.

Hehe, I was measuring my strawberries.

Chocolate hazelnut filling or moose or whatever. It looks like a giant cookie. (:

Mascapone cream (Y)

I forgot to place in some strawberry slices, so I removed the top sponge and did it again.

Now it looks more like it.

Nestle chocolate glaze, then top it with strawberries.

I like dusting icing sugar.

A cream ring to lift up the swirls later on.

I like doing swirls :D

Decorate it with choco~

This is how I made those chocolate pieces on top:
1.melt chocolate
2.spread on baking sheet with brush

3.chill them in fridge
4.break them apart randomly and place on cake



TADA~!


OH YER BY THE WAY, this is what Enderson is for:

He makes an awesome cake box

No comments:

Post a Comment